The Run Itself
- Is The Rad Run Safe?
There’s certainly risk involved in The Rad Run, but we take every precaution possible to get you to the finish line safely. We will have plenty of volunteers, staff, event managers and high quality course supplies to make sure that the course is as safe as possible. There will be paramedics and an ambulance on site in case of an emergency. You enter The Rad Run at your own risk.
- Can we compete with teams?
There will be a team division, check with your team captain to get all the information about joining a particular team. Come get RADICAL with some friends and family to help you through the obstacles.
- When is the last day to register in order to guaranty my t-shirt size?
May 1st is the deadline to register if you would like to guaranty your t-shirt size.
- I want to wear a crazy costume/run barefoot/ect
You’re cleared to go, as long as your costume or running shoes do not harm other participants. Please wear comfortable shoes.
*Heats start at 8:00am and go every 15 minutes.
*Elite Racers Only Heat at 10:00am
*Special High School Football Heats at 11:15am and 11:30am
*1 Mile Only Heat at 2:00pm
*Volunteers Only Heat at 2:15pm
- I’m not in good shape. Can I do this?
Finishing The Rad Run is more about mental toughness than being in great shape. Remember….The Rad Run is meant to be fun for everyone.
- How does The Rad Run work? Will The Rad Run be too difficult/scary/dangerous?
What you see is what you get until race day.
- I’m terrified of a specific obstacle. Can I still participate?
You’re expected to complete all obstacles. If you’re unable to complete an obstacle you may bypass the obstacle and receive your finisher medal, although you’ll be disqualified from all awards.
WHO TO CONTACT WITH REGISTRATION QUESTIONS?
Derek @ 503-593-6276
- Do you accept mail in entrees?
No. Only on-line entrees are accepted.
- Can kids compete?
The Rad Run is only open to participants 14 years old and older. However, we will have a RADICAL kids-area to entertain children of all ages.
*For participants under 18 years old on race day, your parent or guardian must be present during on race day at packet pick-up to sign a waiver and release for you.
- Can I get a refund?
Sorry, no refunds under ANY circumstances.
- Can I transfer my registration to…
- A new participant
- No. Please remember the original registration holder is the only person who can run the obstacle.